The Sentinel Asia is a voluntary basis initiative led by the Asia-Pacific Regional Space Agency Forum (APRSAF) to support disaster management activities in the Asia-Pacific region through WEB-GIS technology and space based technology, such as earth observation satellite data. Through Sentinel Asia, disaster management agencies can (in near real-time where possible) get access to disaster-related data products/images as follows:
* Satellite imagery (and data permitted by data provider) and value-added images with extraction of stricken area, etc.
* On-site digital camera images
* Wildfire hotspot information and data
* Rainfall (short-term and long-term) information and data
* Meteorological satellite imagery and data
In addition, through it's close links to Asian Disaster Reduction Center (ADRC) additional information will be available such as:
* Detailed disaster information
* Regional social / economic data
Interactive online satellite imagery: https://sentinel.tksc.jaxa.jp/sentinel2/webGISControl.action?subsetName=...